1. I woke up to cool, cloudy weather and didn’t die of heat stroke like I predicted I would
2. I didn’t have to take any walking breaks
3. I found my favorite granola on sale and it made an awesome pre-run breakfast
4. I actually enjoyed running for the first time in months
5. My Disney Pandora station was especially cooperative today
6. I finally had a reason to eat the mini Clif bar that I’ve been hoarding for two and a half months
7. I was in a ridiculously good mood for some reason
8. I remembered both of my socks this time
9. The rain that started during the last half of my run kept me nice and cool (I actually don’t like running in the rain- trying to stay positive here )
10. I had the day off work and got to run in the morning instead of the afternoon
11. Because I will be eating a bowl of frozen yogurt that looks very similar to this in a few hours
And the best reason….
12. I ran in the double digits for the first time in 10 weeks!
Twelve slow, steady, glorious miles done! I felt like I borrowed someone else’s body and attitude for the run. I was in a great mood and never contemplated cutting my run short like I usually do.
I got home, looked at my training schedule, and realized that I was supposed to run SEVEN miles today instead of twelve! Um, my bad. I guess next week will be a much shorter run
Running in the rain- love it or hate it?