Lately, the extent of my cooking has been sticking a pan of squash in the oven and eating the whole thing for dinner. Delicious, to be sure, but on nights where I don’t work, it’s so nice to take a little time to cook!
I have about 80,000 bookmarked recipes, but none were really speaking to me until I came across Kelsey’s crispy taco bowl.
Baked at 325 degrees for 20 minutes- and voila!
While the ‘taco’ was in the oven, I got to work making the filling.
Squash, Bean, and Corn Taco Filling
- 1 cup kabocha squash, chopped
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/2 block firm tofu, drained
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Cook the kabocha squash until soft (I just nuked it!)
- Combine the first four ingredients in a bowl.
- Add spices and stir to coat.
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, cook the filling until slightly crispy and brown.
By this time, your taco bowl should be done…
And ready to be filled!
I started with a bed of spinach.
Next, add the toppings.
Easy as that!
Don’t forget the
sour cream Greek yogurt!
What do you do when you’re in a food rut? I have so many recipes saved on my computer- there’s no excuse for me to be in one!